Friday, September 16, 2011

AIDS medication causing men to develop abnormal breasts



Some Tanzania men on anti-retroviral (ARV) drugs have experienced abnormal breast enlargement similar to that of women. There are even cases where women taking the life prolonging drug against HIV complaining of queer side effects including becoming disabled.

Joseph Mkanda, 43, one of the victims, said he developed strange symptoms plus growing breasts after taking the drugs. Initially, he suspected the Add Imagecause to be lack of a balanced diet. But he soon realized that the main problem was the type of drugs he was taking.

"I feel very much ashamed to go out of my house, because I have developed breasts like a woman. I fear that other people would laugh at me,” he said from his Mtwara-base.

“I went to one of the medical doctors in my village, who told me that such signs were normal for people suffering from AIDS who have been taking the drugs for a long time. At the moment, I don’t know what to do or where to go,” said Mkanda.

Initially when I saw this photo I thought it was one of the fake Scarlett Johansson nude photos going around. But after closer examination I realized Scarlett is shorter, blonder and has smaller nipples.

No comments:

Post a Comment